Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Allergy Free Dining in LA

For many (including myself) finding an appropriate place to eat if you have a food allergy can be quite daunting. And for us allergy sufferers who cannot find an appropriate place, we spend our time annoying waiters and chefs by interrogating them on every last ingredient that goes into our respective meal.

Enter Manis. A safe haven for allergy suffers. Not only do they use fresh organic ingredients, they also cater to gluten, dairy, soy, and corn allergies- just to name a few. They also use natural sugars such as agave nectar and pure cane sugar to sweeten foods, instead of preservatives. And the best part of all- it tastes good!


I have eaten at Mani's a few times now, and while I have not yet tried their desserts, I was quite impressed with the sandwich and salad selection. I hope to venture one day up Fairfax in the morning for a delicious breakfast treat and a nice cup of tea (all corn syrup free!!)

For those interested in some wholesome goodness, check out the link below:

http://www.manisbakery.com/

No comments: